NBU A/C Checkup Rebate Program Guidelines
To encourage energy efficiency by providing a rebate for an A/C unit checkup for NBU Residential Electric Customers. Each year that an A/C unit is not serviced, it can lose up to 5% efficiency.
The Customer is responsible for paying the A/C Contractor the fee upon completion of the A/C checkup. After receiving, reviewing, and approving the rebate application and supporting documentation, NBU agrees to pay $40 to the Customer in the form of credit on their NBU electric account.
Program Instructions for Customer:
- Print out copy of NBU A/C Rebate Application and A/C Checkup Report Card.
- Hire Contractor of your choice and provide Contractor with the A/C Checkup Report Card & Explanation Documents.
- Pay fee to Contractor after A/C checkup is conducted. Obtain invoice/receipt and completed A/C Checkup Report Card.
- Fill out the NBU rebate application.
- Attach the application, NBU report card and a copy of the invoice/receipt and mail or deliver to Resource Conservation Staff in the Business Development Division at the NBU Service Center located at 355 FM 306, New Braunfels, TX 78130.
- Allow 3-4 weeks for the $40 rebate to be processed and the credit to be applied to your NBU electric account.
- If you have any questions, please call 830-608-8925 to speak with one of the NBU Resource Conservation staff.
Program Instructions for Contractor:
- Complete A/C checkup, fill out the NBU report card and collect the fee from Customer.
- Give Customer a copy of the invoice and the NBU report card.
- If you have questions, please call 830-608-8925 to speak with one of the NBU Resource Conservation staff.
A/C Checkup Rebate Program Guidelines:
- This rebate program is available to active NBU residential electric customers only.
- Qualifying units must be a minimum tonnage of 1.5 up to a maximum tonnage of 5.0.
- NBU may conduct an onsite inspection to confirm the unit was serviced. The Customer’s signature on the application authorizes NBU to conduct an inspection to certify that the work has been completed.
- A/C Checkups must be completed before July 31, 2015 with all supporting documents delivered to the NBU Business Development Division by 5 pm, July 31, 2015.
- NBU reserves the right to terminate this program at any time and only NBU approved applications are eligible for payment under this rebate program.
- NBU reserves the right to make any adjustments to the A/C Checkup Rebate Program at any time.