Guidelines for Drought Tolerant Tree Rebate Program
- Rebates are applied on qualified “Drought Tolerant” trees. A list of approved trees is found on the rebate application and guidelines, click here to view a copy.
- The program is available to New Braunfels Utilities (NBU) residential water or electric customers only.
- The program offers one (1) $25 rebate, per residential dwelling unit, per year, toward the purchase of one approved drought tolerant tree. Please, click here, for recommended tree planting guidelines.
- Rebates are paid, on a first come first serve basis in the form of a credit that will be applied to the customer’s utility bill. NBU may confirm planting through a post-planting inspection. A customer’s signature on the application provides consent to a post-planting inspection at NBU’s discretion and certifies the planting has taken place.
- To obtain a drought tolerant tree rebate, the customer shall present an original, unaltered and dated sales receipt for NBU approval as proof-of-purchase along with a completed rebate form.
- The customer shall complete the NBU rebate application available at the NBU main Office at 263 Main Plaza or online.
- Please mail completed applications and purchase documentation to:
Attn: Resource Conservation
PO Box 310289/355 FM 306
New Braunfels, TX, 78130