Are you tired of your business flushing money down the drain? We’re here to help. NBU now offers a Commercial Toilet and Urinal Rebate to help your business save water and money. Businesses with a commercial water account may be able to receive up to $50 for every inefficient toilet they replace with a High Efficiency Toilet that uses 1.28 gallons per flush or less. You can also receive $75 dollars for every inefficient urinal that you replace with a High Efficiency Urinal that uses .5 gallons per flush or less.
Guidelines for NBU High Efficiency Toilet (HET) Commercial Rebate Program
Rebates are applied on any High Efficiency Toilet (1.28 gallons/flush or less) purchased and installed between August 1, 2016 and July 31, 2017 and that replaces a toilet with a flush volume of 3.5 gallons or greater or a High Efficiency Urinal (.5 gallons/flush or less) that replaces a urinal with a flush volume of 2 gallons or greater. Application and receipt must be received at NBU by July 31, 2017.
1. The program is made available to NBU commercial water customers only. Commercial Customers operating as a hotel or motel that pay City Hotel Motel Tax do not qualify.
2. Commercial buildings built during or after 1994 do not qualify for this rebate.
3. The program offers one $50 rebate per toilet and one $75 rebate per urinal. Limit 7 rebates per commercial customer per NBU Fiscal Year.
4. NBU reserves the right to terminate this program at any time.
5. The customer shall complete the NBU rebate application available at the NBU Main Office at 263 Main Plaza or online here (PDF) and submit it with a copy of the sales receipt or invoice that indicates the make and model of the toilet and the date purchased for NBU approval as proof of purchase.
6. Rebates are paid in the form of a credit, which will be applied to the customer’s water bill following receipt of application. NBU may confirm installation of the HET toilet(s) by a post-installation inspection. A customer’s signature on the application implies consent to a post installation inspection at NBU’s discretion and certifies that installation has taken place.
If you have any questions regarding the High Efficiency Toilet (HET) Rebate Program, please contact NBU at (830) 608-8925.