Did you know that mulch can lower your watering requirements by over 75%? That can add up to a lot of water and a lot of money. With NBU’s mulch rebate, saving all that water just became a lot easier on you and your pocket book. Now you can plan you next outdoor project without breaking the bank.
NBU Mulch Rebate Guidelines
· Customer must have a residential or commercial NBU Water Account.
· Mulch obtained for free from the County does not qualify for rebate.
· Mulch must be installed at least 2 inches deep and cover 160 square feet to qualify or one cubic yard.
· If plants are present in mulched bed, they must be drought tolerant and from the “Comal County List of Approved Plants.”
· If irrigation is present, spray heads may not be used in the mulched area. Mulched area must use some form of drip irrigation.·
· Copy of original receipt must accompany application.
· Mulch must be purchased between August 1, 2016 and July 31, 2017 and the application must be received by July 31, 2017.
· The rebate offers $12.50 per cubic yard (160 sq. feet at 2 inches deep) of mulch installed.
(e.g., 1 cubic yard of mulch = $12.50, 2 cubic yards = $25.00, 2.5 cubic yards = $37.50)
· This rebate allows for a maximum rebate amount of $100.
· Rebate is paid in the form of a credit on customer’s NBU water bill.
Find a copy of the Mulch Rebate rules and application here.