There are many reasons to love trees, they help clean the air by absorbing odors and pollutant gases, they can increase property values and can even be a retreat or a playmate for children and adventurous adults. NBU is giving you one more reason to love trees. Purchase an approved drought tolerant tree and NBU Customers can receive a $25 rebate on their utility bill for a tree purchased in February. Once the tree has grown you will see even more savings, as a tree planted in the right spot can save you 10% on your heating and cooling costs.
Guidelines for Drought Tolerant Tree Rebate Program
- Rebates are applied on qualified “Drought Tolerant” trees. A list of approved trees is found on the rebate application and guidelines, click here to view a copy.
- The program is available to New Braunfels Utilities (NBU) residential water or electric customers only.
- The program offers one (1) $25 rebate , per residential dwelling unit, per year, toward the purchase of one approved drought tolerant tree. Please, click here for recommended tree planting guidelines.
- Rebates are paid, on a first come first serve basis in the form of a credit that will be applied to the customer’s utility bill. NBU may confirm planting through a post-planting inspection. A customer’s signature on the application provides consent to a post-planting inspection at NBU’s discretion and certifies the planting has taken place.
- All applications must be received by July 31, 2017.
- To obtain a drought tolerant tree rebate, the customer shall present an original, unaltered and dated sales receipt for NBU approval as proof-of-purchase along with a completed rebate form.
- The customer shall complete the NBU rebate application available at the NBU main Office at 263 Main Plaza or online.
- Please mail completed applications and purchase documentation to:
Attn: Resource Conservation
PO Box 310289/355 FM 306
New Braunfels, TX, 78130