New Braunfels Utilities Account History
New Braunfels Utilities will waive the deposit if you have established an acceptable credit history.
Acceptable Credit History
- At least 24 months of continuous service.
- An NBU credit score of “B” or better for the past 24 consecutive months.
- If a customer moves out of the NBU service area then returns to the NBU service area, within 12 months or less, the customer’s prior NBU credit history and payment record will be considered in lieu of a deposit.
An existing NBU customer may transfer services to another location with good credit as long as they have a credit score of “B” or better for the last 24 consecutive months.
New Braunfels Utilities will waive the deposit if the account is guaranteed by another individual who currently has service with NBU.
- Current NBU residential customer.
- Consecutive service for 24 months or more.
- Maintained an NBU credit score of “B” or better for the last 24 consecutive months.
- A Guarantor for no more than 3 residential accounts at any one time.
Letter of Credit
In lieu of a deposit, an approved Letter of Credit with no more than two late payments in the last 12 months from the immediate past electric utility company may be submitted.