New Braunfels Utilities has an independent design review process for Construction Plan Approval from the City of New Braunfels. To ensure timely processing, it is imperative to submit a separate set of engineering plans to New Braunfels Utilities.
NBU ELECTRIC ENGINEERING
The Developer's Consultant shall submit a digital copy of the site and utility layout (see below). A paper-based set of engineering plans is not required for initial design review.
Electrical Procedures Manual
Electrical Connection Policy
Please call (830) 608-8951 for more information or questions regarding the submittal.
NBU WATER SYSTEMS ENGINEERING
The Developer's Consultant shall submit both a digital copy of the site and utility layout and two (2) paper-based copies of the engineering plans (see below).
Two full-size (24"x36") paper based copies of the utility plans shall be submitted as shown below:
- Water Plans - 2 copies
- Wastewater Plans - 2 copies
- Master Plan (if applicable) - 2 copies
- Project Name (consistent use of the Project Name is important to avoid confusion and delays)
- Engineering firm name and registered number (format F-xxxxx) on all sheets
- Do not include architectural, structural, MEP, landscape or other drawings that pertain to commercial building construction
- Engineer's name, email address and phone number on letter of transmittal
Submit by mail or in person to:
ATTN: Water Systems Engineering
New Braunfels Utilities
355 FM 306
New Braunfels, TX 78130
Water Connection Policy
Please call (830) 608-8971 for more information or questions regarding the submittal.
SUBMITTAL OF DIGITAL COPIES
Digital copies of the site and utility layout shall be submitted on one of the following media:
- CD-ROM (up to 700 MB). CD's may not contain compressed (ZIP or EXE) files.
- Website via file transfer protocol (FTP). Website provided by Developer's Consultant.
- Email (up to 5 MB)
PLEASE NOTE: NBU requires GPS points for certain Electric, Water and Wastewater attributes, some of which must be taken prior to backfill during construction. Please refer to the CAD Deliverables for the list of required GPS points by the Contractor or Engineer. Careful adherence to the standards during the design and construction phase of the development will prevent potential costly revisions. The final digital copy must adhere to the CAD Deliverables Submission Standards before Final Acceptance is granted.
|NBU Water Systems Engineering
|NBU Electric Engineering
|NBU Utility Easements & TxDOT permits
|NBU Business Development