Residential Services

If you'd like to apply for electric, water or sewer service for your home or business, you can come by the office at 263 E. Main Plaza in New Braunfels, Texas, to fill out an application. Better yet, simply call one of our Customer Service Representatives at (830) 629-8400 or 606-2074 (San Antonio metro), and an application can be sent to you to fill out and return by fax or mail. Our fax number is (830) 629-2119. In addition to the application, you will also need to provide us with your Social Security number and a copy of your driver's license.

Existing residential connection

If you need to apply for service for an existing home, NBU will calculate the average of the past 12 months utility bills and multiply that amount by two to determine the deposit. Half of that amount will be due up front and the remaining balance will be added to your utility bill in one installment.

Letter of Credit

In lieu of a deposit, you may submit a Letter of Credit from another utility company. The letter must demonstrate a current one-year utility payment history with no more than two late payments in the last 12 months.

Connection fee

A connection fee of $45 will be charged and added to your first month's bill.

Disconnecting service

To discontinue residential service, you can fill out a disconnect notice at our office or bring in, fax or mail a signed letter requesting the disconnect and directing NBU where to send your final bill. If you have any questions, call Customer Service at (830) 629-8400, 606-2074 (San Antonio metro) or send e-mail to You can send a fax to NBU at (830) 629-2119