Skip to main content

NOTICE: You have clicked on a link that leaves the New Braunfels Utilities website and you will be redirected to a third-party website. New Braunfels Utilities provides this link for your convenience for purely informational purposes and makes no representations nor has any supervision or control over the quality, content, reliability, or security of the third-party website. By clicking on this link, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for the third-party website.

Cancel Accept

If you are a homeowner, builder, or developer, needing to establish a new water or wastewater the following resources will help you achieve your goal.

  1. Does NBU provide service to your location?

    Before setting up a new water connection to your property, you must determine if NBU provides services to that area. To check, view the NBU Available Water Connections PDF below or visit the About Us page to view the service area map. 

    NBU Available Water Connections
  2. Contact our Water Systems Engineering department

    If NBU does provide service to the area, contact our Water Systems Engineering department at or call 830.608.8971 to begin the process.

    For any Backflow and Customer Service Inspection (CSI) inquiries email

  3. The Application Process

    What is required for the application process? 

      1. Choose and complete the appropriate applications 
      2. Provide required information and documentation 
      3. Pay fees
      4. Meet Deposit Requirements
      5. Ensure property address is posted and visible from the street 

    For the complete application process and additional information, refer to the New Construction Page.

    Utility Certification Application

  4. Deposit Information and/or Required Fees

    To obtain deposit information and/or required fees for Residential or Commercial Projects, contact New Construction at or view the New Construction Page.

  5. Application Acceptance

    An assigned address is required by the respective county before NBU can accept the application(s) for new service(s). County contacts:

If you are a homeowner, builder, or developer, needing to establish a new water or wastewater the following resources will help you achieve your goal.

  1. Submit 48-hour Construction Notice

    Email the following information for your 48-hour notice to

    • Project Name
    • Project Number(s)
    • Contractor Name, email, and phone number
  2. Locate requests

    Locate requests are scheduled through Texas811

    NOTE: Locates are only performed on public utility infrastructure; any water and/or wastewater utilities on private property should be located by a licensed plumber. The Texas One-Call law requires a request for locates to be submitted at least 48 hours prior to digging 16 inches or deeper.

  3. Final Acceptance of a Developer Driven Project

    New Braunfels Utilities must receive a Closeout Form and/or CCTV prior to Final Acceptance of a developer driven project.

    These items should be dropped off at the NBU Service Center:

    355 FM 306
    New Braunfels, TX 78130

    To check the status of water and/or wastewater Final Acceptance email:

    To check the water meter set status email:

If you are a homeowner, builder, or developer, needing to establish a new water or wastewater the following resources will help you achieve your goal.

  1. Industrial Pretreatment Program

    The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requires entities that discharge over 5 million gallons per day of treated wastewater to implement an Industrial Pretreatment Program. The purpose of this program is to protect the City of New Braunfels wastewater collection system, wastewater treatment plants and the New Braunfels Rivers from pollutants.

    City of New Braunfels Ordinance

    Industrial User Pretreatment Requirement

    130-301 Definitions – Significant Industrial User (SIU) – Discharges an average of 25,000 gallons per day or more of process wastewater to the POTW (excluding sanitary, noncontact cooling and boiler blowdown wastewater)

    Grease Trap / Interceptor Management

    130-308 (c) Interceptors shall be cleaned and serviced at a minimum frequency of 90 calendar days or more often if necessary.

  2. Preliminary Investigation for Potential Industrial Users
  3. Sample Well Requirements

    Download the PDF for a sample diagram:

    Well Diagram
  4. Dental Amalgam

    Environmental Protection Agency has released the final ruling under the Clean Water Act, 40 CFR §441 Dental Office Point Source Category, requiring dental practices nationwide to install an amalgam separator.

    Download the PDF for the form and more information:

    Dental One Time Compliance
  5. Proper Disposal of Fats, Oils and Grease

    View our page on Fats, Oils and Grease Disposal for more information.

    View Page
Make a selection above to get started.