Knowing how to read your Smart Water Meter can help you manage your water bill and detect possible leaks.
Locating your Smart Water Meter
New Braunfels Utilities water meters are placed underground in black rectangular boxes next to the faucet or hose bib, forward-facing from your residence. Meters may be located to the side of the residence for corner lots. To read your water meter, remove the lid to view.
How to Read your Smart Water Meter
- Rate of flow – indicates how many gallons of water per minute are flowing through the meter.
- Flow direction – Indicates which way the water is flowing through the meter.
- Low Battery Alarm – Indicates a low battery and transmits this data to NBU for servicing.
- Leak Alarm – Indicates that there has been a sustained flow through the meter which is suspect of a leak.
- Alert – Indicates a mechanical or electronic issue with the meter.
- Factor – Multiply this number by a daily read difference to determine a gallon total.
- Totalization – Indicates how many gallons have flowed through the meter over its lifetime.
- AMR Digit Highlighter – Helps identify numbers other than placeholders.
- Unit of Measure – NBU water meters read in gallons.