Working with NBU as a Solar Contractor
New Braunfels Utilities maintains a list of participating solar professionals in the New Braunfels area. These contractors are eligible to offer NBU rebates to customers who install solar power at their homes or businesses.
Participating contractors are required to comply with all program guidelines and are expected to conduct business in an honest, professional, and ethical manner.
How to Become an NBU Participating Solar Contractor
Step 1: Register as a Contractor with the City of New Braunfels
- To become a registered contractor with the City of New Braunfels, you must first register with the city of New Braunfels Building Division
Step 2: Register with Our Online Rebate Processing System
Step 3: Attend Two Continuing Education Sessions Annually
- Continuing Education – offers program overviews and review the rebate application, permitting, and installation processes
- Email NBU Conservation and Customer Solutions for upcoming meeting dates (typically held the second Tuesday of each month)
To start your Participating Solar Contractor application and register your company, complete the checklist below.
- Completed NBU Participating Solar Contractor Registration with all required documentation attached
- NABCEP Certificate with proof of registration of listed organization on NABCEP Certified Locator List, found at https://www.nabcep.org/certified-installer-locator, and documentation such as a W-2 showing that NABCEP certificate holder is employed by your company (Form 1099s are not acceptable)
- Master Electrician License and documentation such as a W-2 showing that Master Electrician license holder is employed by your company
- Registration with the City of New Braunfels or the City of Schertz – State Electrical Contractor (if applicable)
- Certificate of Insurance with NBU named as additional insured
- Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation Electrical Contractor License
- The Participating Solar Contractor Handbook Acknowledgement Form, signed by person authorized to conduct business and to bind the company
- The Participating Solar Contractor Code of Conduct Acknowledgement Form signed by person authorized to conduct business and to bind the company