New Braunfels Utilities Work on Castell Avenue Infrastructure Improvement Project Continues with Several Road Closures in March
Roadwork is Part of the New Braunfels Utilities Castell Avenue-East 24-inch Water Line Project
(New Braunfels, TX – March 7, 2023) – New Braunfels Utilities (NBU) continues its work on the Castell Avenue-East 24-Inch Water Line major capital improvement project. Located in the downtown New Braunfels area, this project is designed to improve infrastructure and increase water transmission capacity and reliability by replacing severely aged water lines. These improvements are expected to reduce water main breaks, leading to fewer maintenance events and lowering long-term repair costs. The estimated completion date of the Castell Avenue-East 24-Inch Water Line Project is May 2023, weather permitting.
To continue progress on the project, the following intersections will require 24-hour closure during the specified dates in order for D. Guerra Construction to install water line components:
- Castell Avenue and San Antonio Street will be closed through Friday, March 10, 2023
- Castell Avenue and Coll Street will be closed through Wednesday, March 22, 2023
- Castell Avenue and Jahn Street will be closed Thursday and Friday, March 9 and 10, 2023
- Castell Avenue and Butcher Street will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday, March 14 and 15, 2023
- Castell Avenue and Garden Street will be closed Thursday and Friday, March 16 and 17, 2023
- San Antonio Street will have a partial lane closure from the intersection at Castell Avenue to the Main Plaza on Thursday and Friday, March 23 and 24, 2023. Traffic will continue to flow in both directions.
Vehicular traffic should expect barriers at the intersections and posted detour routes. All work is expected to be completed as scheduled, weather permitting.
New Braunfels Utilities will provide up-to-date traffic impacts for capital improvement projects such as this one on nbutexas.com/current-construction-impacts-and-road-closures.
Contact Desirae Medellin at 830.608.8971 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the Castell Avenue Project.
About New Braunfels Utilities:
New Braunfels Utilities (NBU) strives to be a trusted community partner dedicated to excellence in service and is one of 2,000 community-owned, nonprofit public power electric utilities in the nation. With a mission of strengthening our community by providing resilient essential services, NBU is governed by a Board of Trustees comprised of residents appointed by the New Braunfels City Council. New Braunfels Utilities provides electric, water, and wastewater services. Utility revenues are continually invested back into the systems of the customers, which benefits the community. New Braunfels Utilities makes an annual transfer to the City of New Braunfels, which in turn helps to pay for services such as fire, police, and parks. Follow NBU on Facebook at facebook.com/newbraunfelsutilities, on Twitter at @nbutexas, and to learn more, visit nbutexas.com.