New Braunfels Utilities is committed to navigating the short and long-term challenges of the global supply chain situation.
Our goal is to provide you with the most current information possible, understanding that the information could change daily. Currently, developers of new construction are impacted due to material shortages for distribution wire, cable, and transformers to complete planned developments. Lead time for these materials is now calculated in months rather than days. Buyers at NBU are working diligently to source these materials and find alternate sourcing when available.
As we work through these issues together, we will share current supply chain information with you below. For information on a specific project, contact email@example.com.
- The global supply chain is experiencing immense pressure, which in turn causes supply and material shortages and delivery delays.
- New Braunfels Utilities has been notified by multiple vendors that our contracted deliveries of wire, transformers, and other equipment are significantly delayed due to dock delays, labor shortages, and other issues. In some instances, they are citing delays of up to 100 weeks.
- These delays of needed material and equipment will affect the start date for new construction projects.
- New Braunfels Utilities is working diligently to locate alternative sources for the equipment needed to proceed with new construction projects. Our Purchasing team is dedicated to finding additional vendors and materials to keep project delays to a minimum.
- To help mitigate the impact of supply chain issues, any and all developer requirements must be completed prior to material and equipment being reserved. This means all easements, fees, and civil work are required to be completed before NBU will release a project to Purchasing to confirm the needed materials are available.
- Once NBU’s Purchasing Department has confirmed that needed materials are available, an Electric Engineering Tech will notify you via email that the job is being released to Electric Operations to be placed on their construction schedule along with an estimated start date.