Understanding your electric, water, and wastewater services can be confusing. New Braunfels Utilities University is designed to give attendees a better understanding of how their utility works.
- A better understanding of NBU operations
- Understand the relationship between the citizens, the NBU Board of Trustees,
and NBU employees
- Understand the planning process for capital projects, and how those projects are
- Understand the budget planning process, the development review process,
responsibilities, and functions of NBU
- Receive interactive learning experiences through case studies, site tours, group
discussion, and hands-on experiences
- Understand the Vision, Mission, and Core Values of NBU
The application process will be open from November 1, 2020 – December 18, 2020. Applicants must be at least 17 years of age and customers of New Braunfels Utilities. Due to staff and space constraints, enrollment will be limited to 20 participants.
Classes will meet from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on the first Tuesday evening of the month beginning in February and going through June. The first class will be scheduled for February 2, 2021.
Classes will take place at the following locations:
- NBU Service Center Training Room at 355 FM 306
- NBU Main Office Board Room at 263 Main Plaza
- Headwaters at the Comal at 333 E. Klingemann Drive