Roadwork is Part of the New Braunfels Utilities Castell Avenue 24-inch Water Line Project – West
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Melissa Krause
Chief Communications and Strategy Officer
830.629.8440 | firstname.lastname@example.org
(New Braunfels, TX – August 13, 2021) – Due to recent rains, the road construction timeline for New Bruanfels Utilities’ Castell Avenue 24-inch Water Line Project will see some delays.
The updated road and traffic impacts are subject to additional weather delays, and include:
• Castell Avenue (from Bridge Street to San Antonio Street) – Completion is expected mid- September 2021. There will be block to block road closures with no street parking available while working on each specific block.
• Castell Avenue and San Antonio Street Intersection – Completion is expected mid-September, with the west side of intersection to remain closed; however, sidewalks will be open to pedestrians to the extent possible.
• Bridge Street Closure – Completion expected in mid-August.
• Elizabeth Avenue (Torrey Street to Hinman Island) – The work is slated to go through November 2021, with the completion date yet to be determined. During construction the road will remain closed to through-traffic. Work is expected to go through November 2021; however, it will opened for Wurstfest.
• Zink Street – Work is expected to begin mid-September, and go through November 2021. One lane will remain open during construction.
• Market Avenue – Construciton work will begin after Zink Street sectionis are completed. The work is expected to begin in November 2021, and go through January 2022. Market Avenue will be closed to thru traffic during construction.
New Braunfels Utilities will provide up-to-date traffic impacts for Capital Improvement Projects such as this one on nbutexas.com/current-construction-impacts-and-road-closures, and on its Facebook and Twitter social media channels.
Contact Desirae Medellin at 830.608.8971, or email@example.com with any questions regarding the Project.