When extreme temperatures cause strain on the electric grid – you can take action! Watch for alerts on Facebook and Twitter.
Did you know you can help manage your New Braunfels Utilities bill by conserving energy?
Prepare your home for a winter freeze.
- Set thermostat at 68 degrees.
- Run ceiling fans in reverse to help bring down warm air near the ceiling.
- Check the temperature of water heaters. An average temperature of a water heater should be around 120 degrees.
- Turn off lights, computers, and other electronic devices whenever possible. Replacing regular incandescent bulbs with more efficient light-emitting diode bulbs (LED).
- Businesses should minimize the use of electric lighting and electricity consuming equipment, as much as possible.
- Commercial customers of electricity should consider reducing nonessential production processes.